Thursday, October 3, 2013

Revenge: 1.1 "Pilot"

Series summary (from Netflix): Inspired by Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo, this modern-day drama follows a lovely young woman who moves to the Hamptons and charms the pants off her new neighbors -- while plotting their downfall for sins committed against her family.

I'm watching this because: My sister told me I should. And then she offered up her Netflix password so I could. (I dumped Netflix during the summer.)

I remember when Revenge premiered. I thought it looked way too soapy. But if ABC had marketed Revenge to me using the Netflix description, I totally would have watched from the beginning! I am such a sucker for adaptations of classics.

Recap: The show opens at Victoria Grayson's Labor Day party. Emily Thorne is being introduced as Victoria's son Daniel's fiancee. Only Daniel is missing ... and his body is soon found on the beach.

Flash back five months. Emily rents a house in the Hamptons for the summer season. Soon, however, we learn that her name is really Amanda, and she used to live in that house with her father. She has her sights on revenge against the people who ruined her father's life, especially the wealthy Graysons.

She soon meets Jack, a childhood friend who still carries a torch for Amanda, as well as Nolan, the only person who knows her true identity. And she begins her revenge ...

Reactions: Val told me I needed to push through the beginning episodes, and then it would get really good. But you know what? I think I'm already hooked.

The next Dawson's? Looks like it could be. I just finished the pilot, and as soon as I hit "publish," I'll be starting episode two.

Watch it on Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...